This page shares the best essays on topics like psychology, business, philosophy, health, wealth, and more.
The central question that drives my work is, “How to get an unfair advantage in an unfair world?” To answer that question, I like to write about how we should think, techniques we should use, and biases we should avoid—to build a personal monopoly.
Ready to dive in? You can start with my greatest hits covering a variety of topics, or scroll down to see every essay by month and title. If you enjoy them, don’t forget to join my weekly newsletter.
- Kind v Wicked Domains: Why Sports Champions Aren’t Your Success Gurus
- Code of Hammurabi: How Disincentivising Bad Behaviour Reduces Corruption
- Via Negativa: The Process of Making Good Decisions By Eliminating Bad Ones
- The Lindy Effect: Things That Age In Reverse
- Thinking in Bets: Use This Simple Framework to Vet Ideas And Avoid Misbeliefs
- Inversion: Working Backwards to Solve Problems
- Healthy Friction: When You Want Something, All The Universe Conspires Against You
- The Stress Response Cycle: The Surprising Science Behind Feeling Better
- Graceful Context-Switching: The Art & Science of Multitasking Efficiently
- Falsification: How to Make Your Ideas and Opinions Stronger
All Essays by Month
These essays are listed in reverse chronological order—with the newest at the top and the oldest at the bottom.